Friday, July 21, 2017

My Favorite Things / Guest Designer

Celebrate

Hello!  I'm super excited (really I am ecstatic!!!) to be joining My Favorite Things as a Guest Designer on the MFT blog this month!  This past release was just amazing.....in fact, they just keep getting better and better!  

I'm shaking things up to celebrate!!  I was thrilled to see lots of products to create Shaker cards this release so naturally, I wanted to create one!  


mft blog

I started by doing a watercolor background using various colors of Distress Oxide Inks in Wilted Violet, Broken China, and Worn Lipstick. After letting this panel dry, it was die cut using the stitched rectangle in Blueprints 13. To soften this panel and make my balloon shaker stand out, I layered a piece of vellum.
Celebrate3

Next, I went about creating a fun shaker element for this panel. Using the new Balloon Shaker Window & Frame Die-namics, I die cut the center of the balloon into the watercolor panel. I layered the Balloon Window (which was partially blended with Distress Oxide Ink) over the cutout (and vellum) to create my shaker element.
Celebrate463
I added a partially blended Celebrate Die-namics over the balloon shaker. The balloon was embellished with streamers and a string die cuts from this set. A few die-cut glitter stars were added and to finish, my panel was adhered over some Sparkling Clear Confetti to fill the shaker!
Thanks so much for sharing a part of your day with me!

1 comment:

MOI said...

Love your card. Always on the lookout for awesome birthday cards. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails