Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Flora & Fauna / Vellum Layering

IMG_4275

Hello crafty friends!  I am here with some inspiration using one of the new Flora & Fauna stamp sets, Butterfly Jar Set.  I have 2 cards to share both using different techniques!

florafaunaclear.com

First, I wanted to show off these beautiful butterflies by white heat embossing the largest butterfly onto some vellum.  I trimmed the vellum panel and layered over a piece of striped pattern paper.  The vellum softens the pattern paper and really makes the butterflies stand out!  For a sentiment, I white heat embossed 'just because' onto thin strips of black cardstock and adhered over the centers of the butterflies with foam adhesive.

IMG_4273

My second card uses a more involved technique.  I've stamped many of the smaller butterflies across an entire watercolor panel with versamark and then white heat embossed.  I love emboss resist and it's a great technique with watercolor!  I've used Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, and Broken China.  These colors were brushed across the panel in strips with a wide brush.  After the panel was dry, I again layered some vellum to soften.  The vellum was pre-stamped in black Staz-On with 'go flourish' from Butterfly Jar Set.  One single butterfly was stamped onto colored cardstock and trimmed out.  One strip of black cardstock was added below the sentiment and the butterfly was adhered to the right.  The entire panel was adhered but only in the center so I could pull up the edges for a fun look.  To finish, I added a few drops of Nuvo Crystal Drops.

IMG_4271 

Thanks so much for sharing a part of your day with me!

3 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

These are both beautiful Amy.

Kirsten said...

Amy, your butterfly cards are stunning and simply beautiful! I've seen your work on some design teams and thought I should check out your blog. Now I'm binge reading. Love your style. Also, where did you get the beautiful striped paper you used for the first butterfly card? Thanks for all the inspiration.

HJ said...

Very pretty card, Amy. I love how you used vellum to soften the images. Enjoy your day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails