Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Hello!


I've been enjoying the PTI 7th Anniversary challenges this week.  I've paired up the Recipe Card Challenges (color and sketch) for a challenge that was posted yesterday......use a word as a focal point!  I love this idea as it lends itself to my CAS style.

Here I've die cut the 'hello' word die from Shadowy Gray glitter cardstock from DCWV.......seriously LOVE this stuff.  (Glitzy Glitter by DCWV)  I chose the color scheme of Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, and Smokey Shadow and paired it up with the angled sketch.  (see below)  On my cardstock strips, I've stamped some mini stripes using Versamark and the Super Stripes stamps.

Hello

Color-4

Sketch-1

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

7 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful, Amy! Lovin' those colorful stripes!

Leigh Penner said...

This looks great, Amy! I forgot about that die when I was making cards for this challenge.... it's a good one!

Happy Dance said...

Great card, Amy. Love that "hello" done in black and contrasted with these wonderful summery colored stripes. CAS and gorgeous. Bev

Sharron said...

Wonderful design, Amy! Love the colors and your sentiment die cut. Adding the stamped stripes was a great idea!

Kristie Goulet said...

Really love this, Amy!!!

Chrissy Larson said...

You are NOT helping my insane addiction to that "hello" die. I have had to hid it from myself or it would go on every card I make. This card is awesome...now where did I put that die??

Jen Carter said...

This is fantastic!! I adore this card!! I have got to take a look at Glitzy Glitter DCWV now! Love how you stamped the stripes on the lines! Fabulous idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails