Monday, June 18, 2012

Gallery Idol 2012--Round 4

Hi everyone!
I am so excited...........I made it into the  
I'm so absolutely honored that I am in this group of AMAZING, talented papercrafters. 
I'm not sure what else to say except THANK YOU for believing in me and my work and
for taking your time to go vote for me!




This rounds challenge was to use HOUSEHOLD items!  Things found around the house—hmmmm. 
 Gosh, I had lots of ideas of household things but would they work?!  Well, I finally decided to use MATCHES.  I have my SIL to thank for this one!
She threw out lots of ideas but it wasn't until she said matches that an idea came to me!

AmyRound4blog1

So my idea was the sentiment but now I had to tie it all together.  I found this picture on Pinterest and adapted it for papercrafting.....I made my own embellishment!  I cut off the tips of the matches and glued them onto a heart diecut from Lil' Inker Designs.  Here are the how-to and inspiration photos.

AmyRound4blog5


From Pinterest  http://www.thecarrotbox.com/


From here, I diecut lots of clouds from the Rainbows and Clouds dies from Lil' Inker Designs.
I knew these would be the perfect clouds for this card as I wanted that little extra texture of the perforations Laura adds to her dies. I used Soft Stone and Shimmer cardstock from PTI for my clouds for the added color to the otherwise white card.

AmyRound4blog2


I paired my handmade embellishment with a computer generated sentiment along with a
mini match to tie the whole thing together.  I love how it turned out!

AmyRound4blog3

Ok friends......I hope you like my card enough to go VOTE for it HERE.
I'd love to have your support and wouldn't be in the Top 10 without each and every one of you!
You have until Thursday at 1pm CST to go vote!
Thank you sooo much!
{a match made in heaven)
Paper:  SS White, Soft Stone, Shimmer (PTI)
Dies:  Of the Heart Dies, Rainbows and Clouds Dies (Lil' Inker Designs)
Misc:  Matches, Baker's Twine, Foam Adhesive, 3M Quick Dry Adhesive

32 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Amy, this is awesome! LOVE that match heart and the cloud dies are great. So fun!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is amazing! Great job making it to the top 10 - you deserve it!

Elena said...

you are just too clever - I love this card!

Joyce said...

So happy to see you still in the competition. Your card today is wonderful and clever. Love that matchstick heart.

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my gosh Amy this card with the matchstick heart is genius. I love the creativity and that perfect sentiment. Good luck on this next round.

Jingle said...

Amy, this is amazing! I absolutely love it! I, of course, would have set my house on fire trying to create it! LOL! So creative and beautiful execution!

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Absolutely stunner!!I just love love love your card.

June K said...

Amy, your matches card is darling. What a great idea.

Taheerah said...

This is such a fun idea Amy, really cute! Just don't leave it near any heat or naked flames, lol! I'm so thrilled we made it to the Top 10 together - praying we both make it to the Top 5 too!!

Taheerah said...

BTW - your comment was much needed, thank you. Especially as I was seriously starting to doubt my work and feel glum about it. It helped so much, thank you!

Lynn said...

I need to touch this card Amy...the texture on it is amazing! I am seriously in LOVE with it!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is so clever, Amy! I really like how you translated your inspiration pic from Pinterest into an amazing card!

Aimes said...

This is FABULOUS!!! Totally sings to my punny-lovin' heart, Amy!
Hugs!
x

Marybeth said...

This is amazing Amy! Love what you came up with and the fact it is so CAS. Love this one a lot!!!!

Anita Rex said...

I love how you used the matches! Such a clever idea! Such a fun card Amy!

Karen B. said...

This is so cute and clever!! Love it Amy, good luck!

Susan said...

I LOVE this card!! You are so creative. I saw the challenge and my first thought was, "Glad I don't have to do this challenge." Hah! It would have stumped me and then I would have promptly lost. ;) This is just too cute and creative. I had to vote for it. Good luck moving onto the next round. I know you'll make it!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey Amy..your card is awesome...so neat! The matches are a fun idea and it looks really great as a heart! CONGRATS for making the Top 10...you rock GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Marisa said...

What a fun idea!! Love the card. Fingers crossed for you!!

Brandi said...

This is amazing!

Jen Carter said...

This is such a fun and unique card! I love how you used something so out of the ordinary and created the perfect sentiment and scene for it!! Good luck! You have my vote!

craftmates said...

What a clever take on the challenge! Beautiful card! - irma

Sharron said...

Awesome, Amy--what a clever idea! Really LOVE it! Best of luck with this round!

Kara said...

totally incredible!! so awesome!

Christina said...

This is the kind of thing that leaves me in awe--I would never come up with something so cute and clever! I love how you nestled the heart in the clouds and used shimmer cardstock as an added detail. Totally fun!

Wida said...

its cute, its clever, its well made, it's...YOU!!! I am so glad that I found you through gallery idol. Your encouragement means so much to this green bean!

Renee said...

I know I texted you...
but had say again how creatively genius this is!! :)
Just love it!
And Congratulations again on Top 10...
so well deserved...
and best of luck! :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

The match idea is sooo creative and I love how you tied it in with the 'heaven and great sentiment!

kasia c. said...

What a fabulous idea!! Love this cute card.
Congrats!!

Laurie said...

AMy this is sooo cute! I love the idea and I love where you got your inspiration! What a fun card! Good luck!

Kathy Mc said...

Amy, congrats on making it to the Top 5 with this VERY creative card. Love the heart made of matches in the clouds and the computer-generated sentiment sets it off perfectly. WTG!

Colleen Dietrich said...

This is genius, Amy! Love the match heads! I thought at first that these were little candies, or pearls. What a flammable card, eh? LOL ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails