Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lil' Inker Designs May Release Blog Hop {Day3}

More fun from Lil' Inker Designs today! Are you ready? You should have arrived from Laura's blog.  I am super excited to share a new product to the LID line-up.....Texture Plates! One side has a Woodgrain "Frame" and one side has a Plain "Frame".  This texture plate works with any die cut machine using your usual embossing pads but for a limited time you can get them from LID if you don't have any!




I have 2 cards to share today. First up, is the new Texture Plate paired with the new small Bow Die. It's not too early to make your Father's Day cards and that's just what I did! I've used the Woodgrain Texture Plate to "frame" a Father's Day ribbon! The tails of the ribbon were stamped with the Houndstooth pattern from Flags and Tags (previously released). I love how this turned out!!  My sentiment is also from this set but I just masked off the words to make them fit on my award ribbon!


AmyTexture2



My second card focuses on the Plain side of the plate. This card is for my MIL....she will LOVE it! I've used this side to "frame" a family photo taken recently on vacation. I've kept this simple for the sheer fact I didn't want to take away from the photo.


AmyTexture4


That's it from me today but I will have another card tomorrow using this Texture Plate for a very CAS card.  Until then there is lots more inspiration from the DT showing off these dies so go check them out! Remember the prizes? This month's prizes will be a $10 store credit and a Sentiment Flags Additions set. Oh, and before I forget.....these and all the other goodies we are releasing are available RIGHT NOW! Check it out HERE.

Amy Kolling---->me!
{Happy Father's Day}
Stamps:  Flags and Tags (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, SS White (PTI)
Ink:  Fresh Snow, Charcoal Palette (PTI)
Dies:  Bow Die Small (Lil' Inker Designs)
Texture Plate:  Texture Plate Collection: Frame 1 (Lil' Inker Designs)
Misc:  Various circle punches, Foam Adhesive


{Happy Mother's Day}
Stamps:  Flags and Tags (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  SS White and Enchanted Evening (PTI)
Ink:  Enchanted Evening (PTI)
Texture Plate Collection: Frame 1
Misc:  Foam Adhesive, Pearls (Michaels)



22 comments:

Julie Shearer said...

I think these texture plates are amazing !! Your fathers day card is great . Wonderful use of both new products. TFS.

Emily Leiphart said...

I LOVE these, Amy! The rosette is a fabulous idea and I LOVE the Mother's Day card/gift!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh my goodness. Whre do I begin? Your Father's Day card is totally inventive! I love what you did with the Bow Dies to make the award! Love your use of the Texture Frame here! It made this project look effortless and beautiful. You family photo matted in the frame is also so spectacular!!! Absolutely wonderful stuff!!!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is sooooo awesome...I am so loving it...your cards are sooo awesome...totally love...thanks for sharing..

Marisa said...

Great FD card and loving that family picture :)

Tracey McNeely said...

The frame is a fabulous impression plate, love your card Amy.

Renee said...

OMG!!!
I SO love this frame!!
I just...
I just die!!
I WANT it...
it's so unique and just what I need...
love, love, love it!! :)
And the Father's Day card...
fabulous!!
And a special card just for you...
you're all gorgeous...
and love how you used the frame for remembering this special moment for all of you!! :)
Just spectacular projects!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving these plates, the plain frame with photo looks great - how perfect for a simple set of Christmas photo cards!

Nancy L. said...

just too pretty!

Sarah said...

I just wanted to tell you how awesome the framed photo card idea is! I totally plan to do this for my baby thank you cards this time around.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

these are both so fabulous, love the new frame

Karenladd said...

Wow, you're right about the simple frame being just perfect to showcase your photo! Your cards are gorgeous and I especially love that award ribbon Fathers Day card!

Sue D said...

Great cards--love the frames. I also like how you used the bow die to make the award ribbon.

missstamper said...

Thanks for showing both frames in use! Awesome!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

Jen Carter said...

Your MIL will love that card for sure! It is perfect!! I also love how you added the tails of the bow on the first card hanging down to make the ribbon! What a fabulous idea! I also like how you trimmed the frame down to a smaller size! It looks great that way!

Christina said...

The embossed frames are so awesome! I LOVE your idea to make a Mother's Day card with a family photo--what a beautiful keepsake.

Mary-Anne V said...

love your card and frame...so pretty.

Makalah said...

That texture plate would work so well for dramatic matting in a scrapbook layout! Genius!

canadian_liner said...

Great job of showing how versatile those texture plates can be! Both projects are great. I especially like the idea of framing/matting your own photos--could be used for cards or scrapbooking.

Mary J said...

Oh, love this one!!

JJ Bolton said...

I love the frame idea! So cool!

And your family is just too cute for words! TFS!

cristmae said...

I love your card it simple but very beautiful.This is nice gift to someone you love.Inkjet Paper

Related Posts with Thumbnails