Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Here birdie!!


I found these stamps a while back at Michael's and just love them (except that they aren't clear)!!
They are called "i cling" by Studio G. 

I have mentioned before that I have started using Copics so I decided to buy a couple more at HL during their sale.  Colors used here are:  BG10, BG13, BG18, and the colorless blender.


I used the colorless blender to add "polka dots" to the bird's wing that is cut out and popped up with pop dots.  I decided to then cut out the entire bird and raise it off the card too.  Adding a few silver pearls to the center of the circles on the body was the final step!


What do you think? 
I am on the lookout for more of these fantastic stamps! 
I have a couple more I bought that day but haven't used them yet!

{Just to Say Hello}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Just to Say Hello (i cling by Studio G), Background Basics: Botanicals (PTI)
Paper:  Smokey Shadow, Rustic White, Aqua Mist
Ink:  Memento Black, Charcoal palette
Misc:  Medium scallop die, silver pearls (?Michael's), pop dots, corner rounder (CM)

15 comments:

Dana said...

Woo hoo for your Copic skills girly! I'm impressed. And those silver pearls are awesome. I like how you popped up the tail AND the bird...lots of dimension is good sometimes.
I think I like those stamps!

Ted said...

Very cute bird and the colors match perfectly. Good job, Amy! :)

Lindsay said...

This is so cute! I love the colors and that bird is adorable!

Sue Ann said...

Yummy Amy .....the wee birdie is SO cute!!! great coloring ..... I wish I lived near a HL ......

Nadine said...

Love that little birdie! Awesome job with your coloring!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a fun card Amy, LOVE that birdie :)

Jen Carter said...

This is wayyyyyy cute! :) Love your bird but the best part is the silver pearls you added, it just finishes it off PERFECT! Such a cute idea!! Your layout is terrific too!

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a cute card, Amy. I like it a lot.

Barb said...

LOVE the birdie :) And the colors you've chosen are perfect :)

Lisa Voerg said...

I love your card. The bird and the silver is just a lot of fun. Great find with the stamps. Great copic job.

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Amy! love the colors u picked..and that birdie is really cute!

Laurie said...

This is super cute! I love the coloring! Can't wait to see you!!!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute. I love the monochromatic feel of this!

Velta said...

Just beautiful girl! You have a real knack for inspiration...and this song...dad gum it...cannot think of the singer..."I need you now"...My very favorite!

Barbara said...

CUTE bird, Amy! Love your color combo and layout--really great card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails