Monday, October 26, 2009

Sophistication.....

is what this card is!!  I made this for a wedding couple a while back and just LOVE how it turned out.  However, I think I would have trouble mailing it in a regular envelope with that large button!  Anyway, here are the details....pretty simple really.  I started with a stamped True Black Damask Designs panel layered onto Pure Poppy cardstock with a small Pure Poppy layer on top.  This was embellished with a large white satin ribbon bow tied with a large black button with black twine.  A few rhinestones to flank its sides and a Upper Crest punched border underneath (this part is hard to see).  This is the first time I'd inked up a part of the Wishing You set too!
{Wishing You}
Stamps:  Damask Designs and Wishing You (PTI)
Cardstock:  Black (Bazzill), Pure Poppy (PTI), misc. white
Ink:  True Black (PTI)
Other:  white satin ribbon, rhinestones, True Black button (PTI), Upper Crest border punch (Fiskars), black twine, CM corner rounder

What do you think?  I love to read your comments!
 

7 comments:

BethieJ said...

STUNNING it is too! Amy this is LOVELY! I bet they loved it...Great job, love the colors and the damask on this!!! Great job!

Jennifer Carter said...

This is gorgeous! I love, love damask and you did a great job with it!

peggysue said...

Very nice! Yes, those buttons are problematic, they charge extra postage!

Peggy said...

very cute! I saw your anniversary card on SCS.... your cards are great!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty and elegant!!

Aimes said...

So Sophisticated! I love your work with the Damask Designs and the colour combo is Tres Chic!
Aimes
x

Cammie said...

Such a classy and elegant card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails