Monday, September 27, 2010

CASE Study challenge #7 and 2S4Y challenge!


I've been wanting to play along with the CASE Study challenge blog and the card
for inspiration was seriously one of the most gorgeous cards I've seen.
The card is from Mariana Grigsby and you can find it here.

I was taken by her use of in-tone embossing.......wowsers!!   Her use of the turquoise
color on her butterfly using Copics is phenomenal.
These were the 2 things I tried to capture in my card below!


Don't you just love Kraft cardstock??  I adore it......it is a staple in my stamp arsenal!!
I once again used that Bracket Edge die from MFT.  I tell ya.....I just
can't stop using that thing!!!  It is addictive!


This also falls into the category for the CARDS blog looking for cards with leaves and fits
the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch for this week. 


{there's no one like you}
All supplies PTI unless stated.
Stamps:  Turning a New Leaf, Friends 'til the End, Butterfly Dreams
Paper:  Kraft, True Black, Rustic White
Ink:  Versamark, True Black
Misc:  Pearls, Bracket Edge Die (MFT), Butterfly die, Clear embossing powder, Copics 

27 comments:

Sue Ann said...

I love the kraft with the pop of color. The embossing looks so fab on this card Amy and touch of black under the sentiment is PERFECT. I do love this die, is it hard to line is all up?? Do you cut your card side first and then just put it on the edge and run it through?? You make me want this every time I see the beautiful ways you use it!!! xoxo

JoAnne said...

Really, really nice.

BonnieRose said...

so so beautiful!!!

Eva said...

The kraft and the blue look fabulous together Amy!

Keva said...

Very pretty! The blue butterflies really look nice against the kraft paper.

Gayatri said...

Fabulous card! Excellent take on the challenge :)

Jen Carter said...

Wow Amy! That is gorgeous!! I love how you added the black frame slightly above the sentiment! It just adds so much "pop" to the card! Your butterflies are so pretty too!

Laurie said...

This is so pretty Amy! I love those butterflies! I just saw the 2s4y sketch...this works for that too! ;)

Noora said...

Such a beautiful card Amy! I totally love everything about it...so pretty!

Aimes said...

What a super take on the CASE study, Amy! Love that we both used the same sets but got completely different cards LOL!
Thanks so much for playing along with us!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Stephanie said...

Just gorgeous!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome card and I love how it's snowing on your picture! What a cool effect! Anyway, back to your card, it's a real stunner with that neutral background and those vibrant blue butterflies! Great job with the inspiration piece. Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a lovely and unique card! I love the shape, and the embossing takes it to the whole new level :)
Thanks so much for playing with us!! xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy this is GORGEOUS!

Nerina said...

What a great take on the CASE study challenge! This is quite different from the original - but you can really see where the inspiration came from! I love these colours together - and have to agree that Mariana's card is INSPIRING - WOW! - Love the bracket die BTW - it's gorgeous!

kasia c. said...

WOW!! this is so gorgeous!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I agree Kraft CS is a MUST have.. and a little Keith Urban for my listening pleasure! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Dana said...

Oh Amy, this card made my breath catch when it popped up on my google reader...WOW! Just an amazing amount of creative genius here. I love everything about it. SO well done.

Kay said...

This is absolutely stunning! I'm just in love with your background and those beautiful butterflies!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is gorgeous! Love the background and that bracket edge!!

Nance said...

Fantastic card! The tone-on-tone embossing just pops and the border is so cool. Great job--congrats on your top 3 pick...cheers!

Sara Mac said...

Gorgeous Amy!! A real jaw-dropper. Love the black accenting the kraft and blue.

Lee Anne said...

Just beautiful!

Kelly said...

Love how those blue butterflies pop against the kraft paper!

Kazan Clark said...

gorgeous shape. I love the kraft paper and the butterflies!
Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
:) Kazan

Debby said...

Congrats on the top 5 Amy!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Amy! Congrats on your Fab five!

Related Posts with Thumbnails